If you have any questions please contact
Business Development Manager
T: +44 (0)1273 789989
Rethink Events Ltd
2nd Floor, Intergen House, 65-67 Western Road, Hove BN3 2JQ, UK
• What approaches and models are being pioneered? Are large scale systems better than smaller distributed models? How do these systems scale up? What business models are being put forward?
• Do operators offering branded products offer a more robust economic model compared to growers competing for commodity crops? To what extent are retailers willing to buy into concept of branded products?
• There is great demand for vertical farming and indoor growing systems within areas of high food costs and food deserts such as Singapore, China and Middle East. What is the potential size of the global market?
• How can companies get the unit economics to work at scale? What needs to happen to turn businesses cash positive or are some companies already there?
• What challenges remain within the technology to deliver high yielding productive environments?
• How far away are vertical farms away from being able to produce specialty crops? What technology barriers need to be overcome?
• How are AI, new breeding tools and data analytics pivoting to service this sector? Could these solutions tip the balance?
• What impact will recent high-profile investments have for the vertical farming sector? Will these validate the sector and attract more capital, or potentially divert investments away? Could the market become over heated?
• Can indoor farming operations scale at a rate that’s attractive to VCs? How long will it take them to turn a profit?
• With technology developments moving so rapidly, what assurances are investors looking for before they start investing in the sector?
Leave for Site Tour to Grow Up Urban Farms/div>
Dan Schechner, Managing Director Business Development, AERO FARMS, USA
Victor Friedberg, CEO, S2G VENTURES, USA